Introducing a new Archdiocesan Men's Movement, Catholic Watchmen!
“The Catholic Watchmen initiative offers the bishops a chance to invite Catholic men to join together and fully live their calling to holiness, encouraging them to take a stand in our culture in favor of Gospel values.” -Bishop Cozzens
Catholic Watchmen's mission is to support the men of our parish in growing together in faith and fellowship. We eat, drink, learn, and pray together on a monthly basis. No experience or reservation necessary - just show up at an event when you're able and feel free to bring along a buddy/son/father. There is no organization to join. By attending, you're committing only to enjoy the company of other men of the parish as we work together to grow, individually and as a community, along the continuum of holiness.
St. Charles' Catholic Watchmen Nights are held on the 3rd Thursdays of each month from September to April. Each event includes an opportunity for Eucharistic adoration and confession, manly meal and beverages (including a good selection of craft and domestic brews), and a short presentation and group discussion. Freewill offerings requested to cover meal costs $10.
6:30 Fellowship, Snacks/Beverages
8:30 Adoration/Benediction, Confessions Available
9:00 (sharp!) Adjourn
Sign-Up For Notifications
Click the "flocknote" sheep image below to register for email or text notifications of upcoming St. Charles and regional Catholic Watchmen events.
Calendar of Upcoming Events
St. Charles Catholic Watchmen Nights
- September 20, 2018: Fortified Man- Being Catholic in a Secular world
This season's videos can all be found on the Catholic Watchmen Vimeo Channel.
- October 19, 2017: Discipline #2 - Encounter Jesus in Sacred Scripture (Jeff Cavins)
- September 21, 2017: Discipline #1 - Pray with Persistence and Devotion to Jesus, Mary, and Joseph (Fr. Steven Hoffman)
- Watchmen Rallies:
- November 7 at St. Joseph's, Saint Paul: Bishop Hebda - Every Man's Call to Spiritual Fatherhood
- September 12 at St. John the Baptist, New Brighton: Bishop Cozzens - Devotion to Mary and Diligence in Battle
- May 16 in Medina: Fr. John Echert - Fathers Leading Families in the Faith
- April 20, 2017: Discipline #7 - Build Fraternity and Evangelize Men in Monthly Parish Gatherings
- March 16, 2017: Discipline #6 - Go to Confession Monthly
- February 16, 2017: Discipline #5 - Serve and be a Witness to Family and Community
- January 19, 2017: Discipline #4 - Fully Engage in Each Sunday Mass
- November 17, 2016: Discipline #3 - Become a Spiritual Father, like St. Joseph
- October 20, 2016: Discipline #2 - Encounter Jesus in Sacred Scripture
- September 15, 2016: Discipline #1 - Pray with Persistence and Devotion to Jesus, Mary, and Joseph